October 28, 2021
If You've Got It, Use It:Spending for Impactful Programs
Part of the job for afterschool administrators is to secure and allocate program resources, from funding to transportation. This resource-rich moment of opportunity for afterschool programs, where many are experiencing an influx of resources, can create special challenges such as being able to quickly implement new or expanded programs with quality.
In this webinar, the Illinois Quality Afterschool team guided participants in planning for impactful spending that can deepen learning opportunities for students and support sustainable programming. Participants engaged in exercises to think through how to set goals and indicators around spending, forecast a budget for new (or existing) initiatives, and measure and communicate the impact of the spending. Throughout the webinar, presenters provided useful tools and program examples to illustrate innovative and effective ways to use your resources.
- Webinar Archive (Adobe Connect)
- Presentation Slides (PDF)
- Beyond the Bell Tool 84: Indicators for Program Goals (Word Document)
- Beyond the Bell Tool 17: Budget Worksheet (Word Document)
- Cost Calculator (Wallace Foundation)
- Design Principles for Community-Based Settings: Putting the Science of Learning and Development Into Action (The Forum for Youth Investment)