January 27, 2017
SEL Basics: How Afterschool Programs Can Incorporate Social and Emotional Learning
Presented by social-emotional learning (SEL) expert Jessy Newman of American Institutes for Research and program manager Mitch Hendrickson of Youth Guidance, this webinar provides an informative overview of SEL and how it can best be implemented with students in the afterschool setting.
This webinar answers the following questions about social-emotional learning:
- What does SEL look like in the afterschool setting?
- Why is it important for care providers to understand and incorporate the fundamentals of SEL?
- How does our own social-emotional learning impact our interactions with students?
It also covers the five key areas of SEL as laid out by the Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning.
- Webinar Archive (Adobe Connect)
- Presentation Slides (PDF)
- Whiteboard: Keeping Social and Emotional Learning at the Center of Teaching and Learning
- Supporting Social and Emotional Development Through Quality Afterschool Programs
- Social and Emotional Learning Practices: A Self-Reflection Tool for Afterschool Staff